The following local contraindications will not prevent treatment but your therapist will avoid the contraindicated area:
- Recent Scar tissue
- Areas where topical Roaccutane has been used
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Heat rash
- Hairy moles
- Recent fractures (3 months)
Please seek medical advice prior to booking a HD Brow treatment if you have any of the following. Medical permission in writing would need to be obtained:
- consult with a Doctor if you are taking any medication that may have an effect on skin sensitivity or blood.
- Cardiovascular Conditions (Thrombosis, Phlebitis, Hypertension, Hypotension, Angina, Pacemakers)
- Medical Oedema
- Nervous/Psychotic conditions
Please do not book for a HD Brow treatment or reschedule your appointment if you currently have any of the following:
- Oral Roaccutane Medication
- Contagious diseases (Impetigo, Scabies, Chicken Pox, Mumps)
- Infectious diseases
- Under the influence of (alcohol, drugs, prescribed pain medication)
- Hypersensitive Skin
- Loss of skin sensation
PRE TREATMENT ADVICE
- A patch test for tinting procedures is required 24 - 48 hours prior to treatment if this is a first time appointment, if it has been longer than 6 months since your last treatment or if your medical circumstances have changed.
- Please avoid apply self tan to the eyebrow area for three days prior to your HD Brows appointment if having tint.
- Follow your stylists recommendations and avoid tweezing in-between appointments
- Avoid the use of make-up and facial cleansers around the brow area for the next 24 hours
- Avoid prolonged contact with direct sunlight, the use of sunbeds, saunas, steam rooms and swimming pools for 24 hours after the procedure
- Avoid exfoliating and anti-ageing products around the brow area for 3 days either side of the treatment
- It is advisable not to use any fake tanning products on the face for around 2 to 3 days either side of the treatment. If you wish to use fake tanning product on your face, apply a barrier to the hair and small area around the brow prior to tanning to prevent discoloration of your tint
- Remember your results will be darker and more defined immediately after your treatment. The makeup applied is not permanent and tint will fade depending on the frequency of cleansing
- You must inform your High Definition Brow Stylist immediately should you experience any swelling, itchy rashes, bruising, skin grazing or cuts, after your treatment, so they can advise you on the correct procedure to follow.